Two Sides was created in 2008 with members from the graphic communications supply chain, creating a forum for the industry to work together and share experiences; improving standards and practices; maximising customer confidence in our products.
We are an initiative by companies from the graphic communications supply chain including forestry, pulp, paper, inks and chemicals, pre-press, press, finishing, publishing, printing, envelopes and postal operators. Our common goal is to promote the sustainability of the graphic communications supply chain and dispel common environmental misconceptions by providing users with verifiable information on why print and paper is an attractive, practical and sustainable communications medium.
By uniting with common purpose behind Two Sides, the graphic communications supply chain, led by sustainable and responsible forestry, paper production and printing, aspires to ensure that, in a world of scarce resources, Print and Paper’s unique recyclable and renewable qualities can be enjoyed for generations to come. Two Sides is further committed to ensuring that Print and Paper also remains a versatile, effective and powerful means of marketing and communication, stretching the imagination and imparting knowledge.
We are not-for-profit organisation and endeavour to implement our mission statement and in turn will seek to reinforce confidence in the graphic communications supply chain by:
- Making it a condition of Membership that Members adopt the Two Sides Principles
- Promoting an understanding of the environmental issues which are of concern to all stakeholders
- Promoting the sustainability of the graphic communications supply chain by publicising the positive steps taken to reduce its environmental impact
- Making available to all stakeholders, facts and information concerning the industry’s sustainability and performance
- Reacting to inaccurate and misleading environmental statements made about the graphic communications supply chain by engaging with the various communication media and clearly setting out the environmental facts
- Better explaining and communicating the sustainability and effectiveness of Print and Paper versus alternative media
- Seeking to be inclusive and extending the membership opportunity throughout the industry
- Encouraging members to promote the adoption of sustainable business initiatives amongst their stakeholders
Two Sides Principles
Members of Two Sides seek to minimise and reduce the environmental impact of their business activities so that they contribute to Sustainable Development.
- We will conduct our businesses in an environmentally and socially responsible manner
- We support and will encourage forest certification schemes as well as the practical use of recycled fibre in suitable products
- We will employ procedures that are aimed at ensuring the purchase of raw materials from sustainably managed sources
- We will measure and manage our environmental footprint by eliminating or minimising negative environmental impacts
- We support the implementation of effective recycling schemes and the minimisation, and eventual elimination of Print and Paper waste in landfill
- We will improve the sustainability of our business operations by measuring and minimising our waste and our use of water and energy